Caramel Chex Mix
This wonderfully crunchy snack is loaded with cereal, pretzels and nuts—and coated with a not-too-sweet brown sugar mixture. Package this up as gifts, or set out a bowl at your party and watch it disappear by the handful. —Samantha Moyer, Oskaloosa, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups each Rice Chex, Corn Chex and Wheat Chex
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels and nuts. In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Stir; bake 6 minutes longer. Transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 383 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.