Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 3/4 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- 4. In a large heavy saucepan, melt caramels with milk over low heat; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Cool to room temperature. Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with caramel sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 352 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Cheesecake
"I give the cheesecake 5 stars and the caramel topping 4. The next time I make this, I would make a caramel topping from scratch, no prewrapped caramels! It just isn't as good, or as creamy as what you can make from scratch. As it cooled, it seized up and began to harden and the end result wasn't at all like the photo. I added drizzled chocolate also and made it more of a Turtle cheesecake. Everyone loved it, but I'm my biggest critic...homemade topping next time!"
"Am i able to make these individually? Meaning in small cupcake mold forms? Pls help it really will help me."
"This cheesecake is one of the easiest and tastiest I have every tried! I also added a chopped Heath bar to the topping. Thank you for sharing!"
"Very easy to make and tastes excellent! We made this cheesecake for the first time last night and won a cheesecake contest with it today!"
"Yummy! This cheesecake is really good. I love every aspect of it - the crust, the cheesecake filling, and the caramel topping. I often use pecans instead of walnuts because I more typically have those on hand. I have sometimes also drizzled some chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce over the top of each slice as well, in create a turtle cheesecake-type flavor."
"This is a great cheesecake recipe, turns out great every time."
"All I can say is, "OH, MY, MY!!!"
"OMG this recipe is outstanding! Someone at my workplace made this recipe and now I'm going to make it myself. The cheescake is savory and the crust is to die for, there's just nothing quite like homemade crust! This one is a keeper."
"I have made this recipe for years and it is resoundingly our family's favorite. I rarely make the caramel sauce as the cheesecake alone is awesome. I also use this crust for any recipe calling for a graham cracker crust as it makes other recipes better. Excellent basic cheesecake. Never fails to impress."