Caramel Cereal Snack Mix Recipe
- 8 cups Corn Pops
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cereal and peanuts; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Immediately pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 14 cups.
3/4 cup: 306 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Caramel Cereal Snack Mix
"Lip smackin' good. Great sweet / salty combo. Made as is, no changes."
"Delicious! I used Crispix cereal and added pretzel sticks as well."
"This was easy to make and my Husband loved it. It is good to have with around the Campfire. Will make it again."
"Make this with Crispix cereal and it it fantastic. I also use mixed nuts or cashews instead of peanuts. I pour the gooey mixture over the cereal mixture and microwave in paper bag for like 2-3 min. then spread on waxed paper to cool. Delicious."
"the only thing I changed was the nuts/used pecans/cashews- was a big hit/making a double batch for the Super Bowl party!"
"This recipe is so simple to make and tastes so good, my family absolutely loves it. We'll be keeping this recipe."
"OMG!! This is a great sweet snack to share! Super easy to make!"