Caramel-Cashew Pretzel Rods
To give these pretzel rods the fun flavor of s'mores, I sometimes use mini marshmallows and coarsely crushed graham crackers in place of the cashews.—Joanne Wright, Niles, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 24 pretzel rods
- 3 cups chopped salted cashews or chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a microwave, heat caramels and cream on high for 2-3 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring after each minute. Stir until smooth.
- Break pretzel rods in half. Dip the broken end two-thirds of the way into caramel mixture; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cashews. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
- Drizzle dark chocolate over dipped portion of pretzels; chill until set. Drizzle with white coating; chill until set. Store in airtight containers or wrap in cellophane gift bags and tie with a ribbon.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 125 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.