Caramel-Cashew Dark Chocolate Chippers
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 4 cups salted cashews
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) dark chocolate chips
- Additional sugar
- Place cashews and sugars in a food processor; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and dulce de leche until blended. Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine baking mix and cashew mixture; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips (dough will be sticky).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 4 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in additional sugar. Flatten cookies with prepared glass to 2-1/2-in. circles, redipping in sugar as needed.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Nestle La Lechera dulce de leche; look for it in the international foods section. If using Eagle Brand dulce de leche (caramel flavored sauce), thicken according to package directions before using.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 407 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 17, 2013
These are the best cookies ever! very easy to mix up and perfect flavor and texture. I didn't have dulce de leche so I used a jar of good quality caramel ice cream topping. I will definitely make these again and again! ~- Marmalady
Apr 7, 2013
So good I made a second batch. First batch used pecans and made it like a traditional choc chip cooky; second batch followed recipe with cashews mixed with sugars. YUMMY! Will use recipe again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.