Caramel Cashew Cake Pops
Nothing beats the pairing of buttery caramel and rich cashews; add it to a chocolaty cake pop and you have one irresistible little treat. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup dulce de leche
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Chopped cashews
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add dulce de leche and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip each cake ball in coating; allow excess to drip off. Coat with cashews. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Let stand until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Nestle La Lechera dulce de leche; look for it in the international foods section. If using Eagle Brand dulce de leche (caramel flavored sauce), thicken according to package directions before using.
Nutrition Facts1 cake pop (calculated without cashews): 210 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Caramel Cashew Cake Pops in Bakeshop Favorites