- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- CARAMEL LAYER:
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in flour until blended. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt caramels and butter with milk until smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and pecans. Spread over crust.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over caramel layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCaramel Candy Bars
"This is a great recipe - tastes just like Twix bars! I did not have any trouble with them being sticky or too sweet. The crust made a nice balance so it wasn't too sweet. I like these way better than the recipes that use crackers as a crust for mock Twix bars and this crust was easy to make."
"This was so amazing!! Yes it's sweet, but that's what I was looking for!"
"YES BERRYMO48,i found the bars to be sticky and very sweet,its like they should have been baked or something to get more of a crunch to them so they set up better,we really didn't like them because they were way too sweet,i'm going to try cooking the caramel longer or baking them for a few min. ca't hurt anything ,live and learn from trial and error they say."
"I noticed that the caramel layer was quite sticky after being in the refrigerator for over 4 hours. Did anyone else have this problem."