Caramel Butter Pecan Bars
This recipe is quick, easy and delicious. It makes enough to serve company or bring to a party. --Peggy Fleming
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.Top with pecans. Drizzle caramel topping evenly over pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until caramel is bubbly. Remove to a wire rack. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully spread chips over caramel layer. Cool at room temperature for at least 6 hours or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 140 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Caramel Butter Pecan Bars in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Jun 2, 2013
This is a go to recipe for me! We have taken them to everything from bake sales, to pot lucks with rave reviews! So easy to make! My kids love to help make, and eat these!