Caramel Buckeye Candies
Dipped in caramel and drizzled with melted chocolate, these rich peanut-butter balls are also rolled in cereal and nuts. Yum! —Tiffany Voigt, Hilliard, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1-3/4 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups white baking chips and/or milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar until combined. Roll into 1/2-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal and walnuts; set aside. In a microwave, melt caramels and butter; stir until smooth. Dip balls in caramel; allow excess to drip off. Roll in cereal mixture; return to baking sheets.
- In a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over candies. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Crispy Caramel Buckey Candy in Country Woman Christmas 2011