Caramel Blondie Cups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makes10 blondie cups
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (centers will not rise).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the caramels, milk and butter; stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over centers of hot blondies; top with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2019
I normally rely on photographs before I baking something new, so I was free flying with this one, and I made it only because I had all the ingredients and needed to use up my pecans. However, I did not make cupcakes, I used an 9 x 9 pan. Please don't give me negative comments because I didn't make it "as is". I didn't want to fuss with making cupcakes because I am not fond of them and I have no children in the house. Besides, most of the time I look through the reviews to see if anyone has made it, changing it up, and subbing ingredients that I might have on hand. SO, all that being said, this turned out very well. I was a little hesitant when the recipe said 'melted' butter instead of 'softened', and it did not cream up light and fluffy! But I went ahead and put it in the oven with fingers crossed. It came out with a nice texture. I followed the recipe except I used about a cup of chocolate chips and not as cupcakes, baking it at about 25 minutes at 350.