Caramel Blondie Cups
These golden brown, cake-like brownies are baked in a muffin tin, then topped with chocolate chips, caramel and chopped pecans. It's like eating a blondie and turtle together. Yum!—Loraine E. Meyer, Bend, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makes10 blondie cups
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (centers will not rise).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the caramels, milk and butter; stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over centers of hot blondies; top with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Blonde Brownie Caramel Cups in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.