Caramel Blondie Cups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makes10 blondie cups
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (centers will not rise).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the caramels, milk and butter; stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over centers of hot blondies; top with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 418 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 16, 2019
I normally rely on photographs before I baking something new, so I was free flying with this one, and I made it only because I had all the ingredients and needed to use up my pecans. However, I did not make cupcakes, I used an 9 x 9 pan. Please don't give me negative comments because I didn't make it "as is". I didn't want to fuss with making cupcakes because I am not fond of them and I have no children in the house. Besides, most of the time I look through the reviews to see if anyone has made it, changing it up, and subbing ingredients that I might have on hand. SO, all that being said, this turned out very well. I was a little hesitant when the recipe said 'melted' butter instead of 'softened', and it did not cream up light and fluffy! But I went ahead and put it in the oven with fingers crossed. It came out with a nice texture. I followed the recipe except I used about a cup of chocolate chips and not as cupcakes, baking it at about 25 minutes at 350.