These golden brown, cake-like brownies are baked in a muffin tin, then topped with chocolate chips, caramel and chopped pecans. It's like eating a blondie and turtle together. Yum!—Loraine E. Meyer, Bend, Oregon
Recommended: 44 of Our Most Gooey Caramel Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (centers will not rise).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the caramels, milk and butter; stir until smooth.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over centers of hot blondies; top with caramel mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 blondie cups.
Originally published as Caramel Blondie Cups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p109