Caramel Banana Sundaes
"When I don't have time to bake, I often rely on this quick dessert," says Jeanne Mays of North Richland Hills, Texas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a skillet, combine brown sugar, butter, cream, extracts and cinnamon. bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add bananas and stir until coated.
- Return to heat; cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Serve warm over ice cream.