Caramel Apple Twist
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 16 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and risen
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 12 caramels, cut into fourths
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Spray work surface lightly with cooking spray. Combine eight dinner rolls into a ball and roll into a 16-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Repeat with remaining rolls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest. In a large bowl, combine the apples, caramels, 1/2 cup almonds, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Remove wrap from dough.
- Spread apple mixture down the center of each rectangle. Fold long sides of each rectangle over the filling, overlapping slightly; pinch tightly to seal. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- Place seam sides down and side-by-side on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Carefully twist together. Pinch ends to seal. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray; let rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes. Microwave frosting for 10 seconds. Spread or drizzle over top; sprinkle with remaining almonds. Serve warm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 11, 2012
This did not turn out at all for me and I bake and cook a lot. It was still doughy I thought it seemed big and almost made it into two I should have it might have cooked better. I was really upset I made it for family in from out of town good thing I made it the night before so I knew it did not work.
Dec 19, 2009
Our friend made this and brought to a Christmas Party and on my goodness, people were begging for the recipe, hense me....!!!!
Oct 15, 2009
It was easy to make and I shared it with neighbor so we all could enjoy it. What a treat for all of us. Lois S