Caramel Apple Trifle Delight
Bring the fabulous flavor of caramel apples to a terrific trifle brimming with pudding, pie filling and pound cake. English toffee bits add a sweet crunch.—Helen Fields, Springtown, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes24 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 1 cup English toffee bits
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/4 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Additional caramel ice cream topping
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In another bowl, combine the pie filling, toffee bits, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a 4-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding, apple mixture, ice cream topping, whipped cream and walnuts. Repeat layers; drizzle with additional ice cream topping. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 361 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Michael's Caramel Apple Trifle Delight in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010