- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar-free caramel topping
- OAT TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix sugar and allspice; toss with fruit. Place in an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with caramel topping.
- Mix oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake until top is golden brown and fruit is tender, 40-45 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCaramel Apple-Pear Crisp
"This is delicious and easy! Everyone loved it! I did read the reviews saying that the pears are a little too juicy, so I sprinkled about 1/2 tsp of instant tapioca over the fruit before I added the caramel and the crumb topping."
"I made this as a quick weeknight dessert using canned pears and it was delicious. I didn't have any caramel topping so I left that out. I sprinkled the pears with some dried cranberries before adding the topping and it was a great combination. I also substituted pecans for the walnuts. I baked it for just 20 minutes until the topping was browned, since the pears were already soft. I'll definitely make this again."
"Mine came out juicy as well. I did use walnuts, so perhaps it is from the pears? I also used cortland apples which are not very tart, and it came out great! I served it with fat-free reddi whip, everyone inhaled it :)"
"I found this to be a little bit juicier than I would have liked, perhaps because I left the walnuts out - due to diet restrictions, or because the pears I used were very ripe. Still, it was very tasty, not too sweet, and the caramel sauce added a nice touch."