- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 28 caramels*
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place apples in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss to coat and set aside. Place caramels and water in another microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until heated; stir until blended. Pour over apples.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe dish; cover and heat on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Stir in brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over caramel mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 14-15 minutes until apples are tender, turning a half turn once. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCaramel Apple Crisp
"I didn't follow directions too well, but it turned out awesome, so yum. thanks for the recipe :)"
"This was a fabulous dessert! We have fresh apples right now and they were perfect! We served with fresh whipped cream!"