Cappuccino Truffle Brownies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Whole blanched almonds
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Dissolve coffee in water. Stir into cream cheese mixture. In a microwave, melt chips and butter; stir until smooth. Beat into cream cheese mixture until blended. Spread over brownies.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each almond halfway into glaze and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Let stand until chocolate is set. Drizzle remaining glaze over bars. Place almond in the center of each bar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 20, 2010
We loved the filling, but the brownie was more like cake. I will make the filling again, but use a different brownie recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Apr 5, 2010
Most brownie recipes say to mix just until dry ingredients are moistened, so I did that, but the brownie was more dry and "cakey" than I like for a brownie. Maybe someone else could do it better.