Hints of cinnamon and coffee flavor Sherry Hulsman’s fancy, lighter-than-air dessert in Louisville, Kentucky. Cool, quick and easy, it’s also guilt-free and satisfies a crowd.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (13.6 ounces) fat-free pound cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until softened. Gradually beat in coffee. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and cinnamon for 2 minutes; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Set aside 1/4 cup whipped topping. Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture. In a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl, layer a third of the pound cake cubes and a third of the pudding mixture; repeat layers twice. Garnish with reserved whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Entenmann's brand pound cake. You may substitute 6 cups cubed angel food cake if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 193 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Delightful Cappuccino Trifle in Light & Tasty October/November 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.