Hints of cinnamon and coffee flavor Sherry Hulsman’s fancy, lighter-than-air dessert in Louisville, Kentucky. Cool, quick and easy, it’s also guilt-free and satisfies a crowd.
Recommended: Top 10 Caramel Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (13.6 ounces) fat-free pound cake, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until softened. Gradually beat in coffee. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix and cinnamon for 2 minutes; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Set aside 1/4 cup whipped topping. Fold remaining whipped topping into pudding mixture. In a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl, layer a third of the pound cake cubes and a third of the pudding mixture; repeat layers twice. Garnish with reserved whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cappuccino Trifle in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p55
Reviews forCappuccino Trifle
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2008
"Tasty and light! I make mine with angel food case in leiu of the pound cake to make it even later."