Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups hot strong brewed coffee or cappuccino
- 1/2 cup refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- 6 Pirouette cookies or cookies of your choice
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and gelatin powder. Pour coffee over sugar mixture and stir to dissolve. Stir in creamer.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. dish; cool to room temperature. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 4-5 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes. Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes. Sprinkle with hazelnuts; serve with cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 156 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 10, 2011
I made this dessert for my husband a while back and he really liked it (he puts hazelnut creamer in his morning coffee, so it was a natural for him). The recipe worked great just as printed, and was yummy without any cookies to accompany it. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Sally!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.