Cappuccino Chip Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In bread machine pan, place the first 10 ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add chocolate chips.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 120 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 2, 2014
Do not have a machine bread and would not buy one. Could that recipe use for baking bread in the oven ever work? Would not rate star but one for now.
Jun 20, 2010
Next time I will use regular sized chocolate chips. The miniature ones disappeared/could not see or taste them when I made this loaf.
Nov 21, 2008
This is the BEST bread. i make something for my church every Sunday. I must make 5 loaves of this and never bring back a crumb. It's so easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.