- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl or saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, melted chocolate and coffee mixture. Combine flour and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 bars.
Reviews forCappuccino Cake Brownies
"I have fond memories of the first time I fixed of a couple of coworkers who couldn't get enough of them. I had to give them the recipe!!!"
"I recall making these brownies when they were first featured in Taste of Home! My adjustments were as follows: I'd used 1/4 cup boiling water. For dry ingredients, I'd used 1/2 tsp. salt along with the other dry ingredients. I'd greased and floured my baking pan used! These brownies were really good! Thank you for sharing with Taste of Home! delowenstein"
"not "amazing" but very good and easy to make."
"I'm the cook, my girlfriend usually bakes but I tried these out and they were pretty easy. I used a k-cup from my Keurig for the coffee. Used a French Vanilla one and it was good. Don't really know if made any difference but they were good."
"I I didnt expect such little amount of coffee to add such flavor! Very yummy and very light! Thanks!"
"These sound so good !Peg, How much cappuccino powder did you add ? That is what I want to do, we love cappuccino. "
"I made these and my boyfriend, who does not care much for chocolate, loved them! I made a second batch and substituted instant mocha cappucciono and I loved those!"
"These Brownies were yummy!! Not a one left. I added chopped nuts and that was good since we really enjoy nuts."
"I love the addition of coffee with the chocolate. I had to add 1/2 c. chopped walnuts. Very moist and delicious."