Cantonese Sweet-and-Sour Pork
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-1/2 hours
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) DOLE unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil in batches. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Pour tomato sauce mixture over pork. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add pineapple; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 231 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 3, 2018
Dec 12, 2013
Great recipe for my pot luck at work! I did saute the onions and [red] peppers along with fresh mushrooms and everyone raved about it. Will definitely hang on to this one.
Apr 8, 2013
Great change in flavors. Loved it.
Apr 7, 2013
Nice blend of flavors; very tender pork; and quite easy to make. Family really liked it!
Jan 30, 2012
Just made this tonight-had mostly everything on hand. Family loved it!!