Cantonese Chicken Burgers Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 8 spinach leaves, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, oil and soy sauce. Stir in the bread crumbs, peanuts, onion, carrot and garlic powder. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns, topped with plum sauce and spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 460 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Cantonese Chicken Burgers
"This recipe is excellent. Nice Asian spin on the boring old hamburger. They are so tasty and healthy too. We love it!"