Cantaloupe with Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar or sugar substitute to equal 1-1/2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, blueberries, celery, grapes and almonds. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Pour over the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Spoon into cantaloupe halves.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 413 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2018
This recipe has been a family favorite ever since it was first published in Country in 1994! Instead of serving the salad in cantaloupe halves, I cube some of the cantaloupe and include it in the salad. I also like to add a little of my fresh, homegrown lemon thyme to the dressing...yum!
Jun 18, 2013
This was an awesome lunch for friends and family. Everyone was TOTALLY impressed! Thanks for yet another way to eat chicken!