Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cantaloupe
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 27, 2015
This was a great, refreshing salsa. Something different and good on a hot summer day!
Sep 3, 2012
Sounded good - but not that great. Ended up taking most of it back home. Most did not like the orange in it..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.