My husband and I host parties frequently in our backyard, and this recipe is welcome on warm summer evenings.—Debbie Smith, Tucson, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cantaloupe
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 27, 2015
This was a great, refreshing salsa. Something different and good on a hot summer day!
Sep 3, 2012
Sounded good - but not that great. Ended up taking most of it back home. Most did not like the orange in it..