Cantaloupe Ice Pops
- 4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 12 plastic cups or ice pop molds (3 ounces each)
- 12 wooden pop sticks
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour 1/4 cup into each cup or mold; insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm.
1 pop: 35 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Jul 12, 2011
I used orange juice and zest because I didn't have any lemons and it turned out great! The fresh mint I used, straigth from my parent's garden, made all the difference!