Cantaloupe Chicken Salad with Yogurt Chive Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the cantaloupe, chicken, cucumber and grapes; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 290 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Jul 20, 2015
I agree, becomes very soupy. You'd have to eat right away. Only was so-so in our family.
Jun 20, 2015
Delicious! FYI, you can get enough cantaloupe chunks from 1 melon. I think you could probably add a touch more lime, too. But it was so refreshing and healthy for a hot summer evening! My husband had 3 helpings!
Jun 17, 2015
The combination of flavors were appealing in this recipe. However, the melon breaks down so quickly that it in turn breaks down the delicious dressing and alas,..... you have a soupy salad.
May 22, 2013