Cantaloupe Chicken Salad for Two Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, peel, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Add the chicken, celery, grapes and onions; toss to coat. Spoon 1 cup salad mixture into each cantaloupe half; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 350 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cantaloupe Chicken Salad for Two
"I have made it twice and it is wonderful. The only change I made was that I used light mayo & light sour cream instead of fat-free. The lemon juice, lemon peel & ginger made it really tasty!"
"Very good! The essence of summer on a plate. I hate ginger, so left that out, and I forgot to include the green onions, but it was still delicious. Make sure you have a ripe, juicy cantaloupe."
"I don't see the ingredient lists. I see the diections but no ingredients"