Cantaloupe Chicken Salad for Four
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small cantaloupe
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir well. Cut cantaloupe in half; discard seeds. Cut into 1-in.-wide wedges; peel. Place cantaloupe on four lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve chicken salad alongside melon.
Jul 31, 2013
This salad was very refreshing and even tasted better the next day. I didn't change the recipe in any way other than adding a few more items. I omitted the lettuce for broccoli slaw mix. I added about a 1/2 lb. of seedless red grapes cut length wise as well as a half cup of chopped walnuts. I also added 1 tsp. of Worcester sauce to the mayo mix for an added flavor. I have used both chicken and salad shrimp both taste great! Thanks.
Mar 26, 2012
Very good!!. And so pretty. Did the presentation with the cantaloupe like flower petals, sliced 3 strawberries in fan shape, and sprinkled with toasted almonds. I'm sure it would get raves at pot luck dinners.
Jul 24, 2009
Fast, easy and tasty summer meal!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.