Cantaloupe and Raspberry Melba
A sweet cranberry sauce adds a slightly to fresh cantaloupe and raspberries. You can easily substitute whatever fruits are in season.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups cantaloupe cubes or balls
- 1 cup raspberries
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a saucepan, blend juice, sugar and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened. Stir in extract. Cool.
- Just before serving, combine cantaloupe and raspberries in individual bowls. Top with cranberry sauce and a mint garnish if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 59 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cantaloupe and Raspberry Melba in Country Woman July/August 1991
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.