- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 12 ounces white candy coating, melted
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sugar and vanilla until blended. Spread 1 scant teaspoon filling on bottoms of half of the wafers; cover with remaining wafers.
- Dip each sandwich cookie halfway into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand until set, about 10 minutes.
- Serve within 2 hours or refrigerate until serving. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar just before serving. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCannoli Wafer Sandwiches
"This is my husbands absolute favourite. They are delicious and do taste like cannoli. My only recommendation is not to try to freeze them. The cookies become mushy when thawed."