Cannoli in a Glass
Here is my guilt-free, delicious, low-fat version of a cannoli that is so simple to prepare. All you need is an elegant stemmed glass to make an impressive dessert presentation
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon ricotta mixture into two parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Sprinkle each with pistachios; top with a cherry.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as CANNOLI BY THE GLASS in Reminisce Extra January 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.