Cannellini ‘n’ Onion Linguine
“This pasta dish is very simple, but everyone loves it,” writes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. The tasty main course also adds protein and fiber to your diet, without too much fat.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 10 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions in butter and oil until tender. Add wine or broth and brown sugar; cook 5 minutes longer. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- Add the beans, broth, garlic, basil and pepper to the onions; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain linguine; toss with onion mixture. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 332 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.