Cane Pole Corn Muffin
Guests will grin when they cast a glance at these fast-to-fix corn muffins topped with a savory spread. Pretzel-stick cane poles dangle fish-shaped snack crackers that are tied with pieces of chive.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 6 whole chives
- 6 pretzel sticks
- 3/4 cup miniature fish-shaped crackers
- 1/3 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions for muffins; stir in the cheddar cheese, jalapeno and minced chives.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For fishing poles, tie one end of a piece of chive to each pretzel stick and the other end to a fish cracker. Spread muffin tops with cream cheese. Insert a fishing pole into each muffin. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle remaining fish crackers on platter.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Cane Pole Corn Muffin in Quick Cooking July/August 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.