Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup M&M's minis
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-in. square pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle with M&M's. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 226 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 5, 2017
Delicious. My kids don't care for nuts, so we left out the pecans.
Nov 5, 2011
This is delicious! These bars are SO good, and easier to eat and make than a regular cheesecake. Instead of using M&M's , try using mini chocolate chips. I also left out the step for reserving 1/2 cup for topping. You do not taste it much on the top so I put all the crust on the bottom. I will make this again- it was a great recipe!