- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup M&M's miniature baking bits
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-in. square pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Pour over warm crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle with baking bits. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forCandy-Topped Bars
"Delicious. My kids don't care for nuts, so we left out the pecans."
"This is delicious! These bars are SO good, and easier to eat and make than a regular cheesecake. Instead of using M&M's , try using mini chocolate chips. I also left out the step for reserving 1/2 cup for topping. You do not taste it much on the top so I put all the crust on the bottom. I will make this again- it was a great recipe!"