Candy Corn Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg whites
- Frosting of your choice
- Candy corn or other decorations
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the lour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Beat in the egg whites.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cooled cupcakes; decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 132 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 20, 2013
What did I do wrong? They turned out like craters. I could have put a scoop of ice cream in them. Is 3 1/2 tsp. of baking powder correct? I even adjusted it for high altitude. If someone can help me, I'll retract my rating.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.