Candy Cereal Treats
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (do not overmix).
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large saucepan, combine the corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla, cereal, nuts and M&M's. Spread over crust. Cool before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 298 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 9, 2018
These are excellent. They would be great for a bake sale. Our family really enjoyed them for dessert.
Aug 31, 2012
I made this for our church youth group about 4-5 years ago, and I'm still getting requests for it from the kids and adults! It is awesome!
Jul 7, 2012
These are wonderful! Have been making these for years. I sprinkle extra M&M's on the
May 7, 2012
These are fabulous! Made them for super bowl party and everyone loved em'!