Candy Cereal Treats
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (do not overmix).
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large saucepan, combine the corn syrup, butter and peanut butter chips. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla, cereal, nuts and M&M's. Spread over crust. Cool before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 298 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 9, 2018
These are excellent. They would be great for a bake sale. Our family really enjoyed them for dessert.
Aug 31, 2012
I made this for our church youth group about 4-5 years ago, and I'm still getting requests for it from the kids and adults! It is awesome!
Jul 7, 2012
These are wonderful! Have been making these for years. I sprinkle extra M&M's on the
May 7, 2012
These are fabulous! Made them for super bowl party and everyone loved em'!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.