Candy Cane Drop Cookies
One of our family's favorites, this recipe came about by combining my love of peppermint candy canes and sugar cookies. We drizzle melted white chocolate over the cookies and sprinkling them with coarsely-crushed candy canes for a Christmastime look.—Meg Bagley, Logan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup crushed candy canes (about 8), divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in 1/3 cup crushed candy canes.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until firm. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies; sprinkle with remaining crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until set. Store in airtight containers.
Originally published as Candy Cane Kisses in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.