“My kids just love making their own candy and ice cream sensations,” writes Angie Cassada from Monroe, North Carolina. “These parfaits are such a favorite, we’ve featured them at build-your-own-parfait birthday parties!” TIP: To add to the fun, change up the nut and candy bar toppings and offer a variety of ice cream flavors for the parfaits.
Recommended: 37 Dessert Recipes for People Who Love Cheesecake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces), chopped
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a small bowl, combine the peanuts, pretzels and chopped candy bar; spoon 2 tablespoons into each of four parfait glasses. Top each with 1/4 cup ice cream, 2 tablespoons peanut mixture and another 1/4 cup ice cream.
- Combine chocolate syrup and peanut butter; drizzle over ice cream. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Candy Bar Parfaits in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p28