- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped assorted miniature candy bars (about 18)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted miniature candy bars (about 10)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a microwave, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. Add flour and salt; stir just until combined. Stir in 1 cup candy bars.
- Spread into prepared pan. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup candy bars.
- Bake until filling in center is almost set, 30-35 minutes. Cool 1 hour in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCandy Bar Cheesecake Brownies
"I made these with Snickers candy bars. I took them to a potluck at work and they were devoured! These bars are a perfect blend of brownie and cheesecake!"
"I made these bars today! The only 2 changes I'd made was using about 1-3/4 cups of candy bars, chopped in my food processor. I then measured 1 cup for the batter, 1/2 cup in cream cheese topping and balance of chopped candy bars for sprinkles! I used mini Hershey bars, mini Heath bars and Twix bars for chopping! delowenstein, Volunteer Field Editor"
"This is definitely a 5-star recipe. I followed the recipe with no changes. I do recommend getting all the ingredients out and prepped before beginning to make it go faster. I took them, still warm, to a class I was taking and everyone gobbled them up. I highly recommend this delicious recipe.Volunteer Field Editor."
"I loved these little gems! I used a mixture of Twix PB and Caramel...in a little bit of heaven!"
"I have a sweet tooth and this made it very happy! You can change it up by using just one flavor of candy or make it as the recipe suggests. Great either way!"
"Oh what a wonderful yummy treat!!! I found putting the candy in the frig. or freeze helped to make it easier to chop."