I came up with these brownies as a way to use up my son's leftover Halloween candy. You can tint the cream cheese orange for a spooky touch. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grv, Utah
Featured In: 15 Recipes Using Leftover Halloween Candy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped assorted miniature candy bars (about 18)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted miniature candy bars (about 10)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan. In a microwave, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking to blend after each addition. Add flour and salt; stir just until combined. Stir in 1 cup candy bars.
- Spread into prepared pan. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup candy bars.
- Bake until filling in center is almost set, 30-35 minutes. Cool 1 hour in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Candy Bar Cheesecake Brownies in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p92
Reviews forCandy Bar Cheesecake Brownies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2017
"Oh what a wonderful yummy treat!!! I found putting the candy in the frig. or freeze helped to make it easier to chop."