- 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 28 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), coarsely chopped, divided
- Additional chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); securely wrap foil around pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Stir in 2-1/2 cups chopped candy bars. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 75-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with remaining chopped candy bars; drizzle with additional chocolate syrup. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forCandy Bar Cheesecake
"I love cheese cake, and candy so this is a great recipe for my family and me.If you want to save time you can use the snicker's bites.Theres a coupon for them here:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/snickers-or-milky-brand-bites-1-and-2-off-any-one-snickers-or-milky-brand-bites-8oz-size-50-off-any-one-snickers-or-milky-way-brand-bites-2-83-oz-size.html"
"Wonderful recipe, was a sure hit. Highly recommend."
"Delicious recipe! I will definitely make this again!"
"@ coloradopeak: I also live in Colorado, here are some thing that work for me. I use chocolate gramcrakers from King Soopers (cheaper and easier to find). I place my 9 inch springform pan in a 10 inch cake pan (instead of foil around the bottom of springform pan) then place in water bath. When the cheesecake timer goes off I turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for a couple of hours, it seams to set better. I hope theese help."
"I never can find choc graham crackers so I asked a baker at whole foods and she told me to use choc. oreo cookies. Just put the in a food processor and add a couple tbls of melted butter and 3 tbls of sugar. Instead of baking I put it in the frig for 10 minutes to harden and the taste is perfect."
"I made this recipe for a going away party and everyone loved it. I do have a problem with recipes that you have to bake in a water bath. My first problem is that I cook it for over 75 minutes and it still seems too soft or mushy to me; also, even though I put foil around the pan it still seems to wet the crust. I live in Colorado and wonder if it has anything to do with the altitude? Can anyone help me solve my problem?"
"The first time I made this cheesecake I knew it was the one! The only troubles I have with it are finding the chocolate wafers/cookies for the crust. I am making it again today only using gram cracker crust and Milky Way because I have an aunt that really wants to try it but she has peanut allergies. I'm sure it will still taste just a good!"
"I HAVE MADE THIS CHEESECAKE MANY TIMES OVER NOW! I CONSTANTLY GET REQUESTS FOR IT! I LIKE IT AND NORMALLY WOULD ONLY GIVE A 4 STAR RATING INCASE I FIND SOMETHING BETTER, HOWEVER I GIVE IT A 5 STAR BECAUSE I CANT GET PEOPLE TO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE ANOTHER FLAVOR OF CHEESECAKE! =) GREAT CHEESECAKE!"
"The temperature to bake the cheesecake at is 325 degrees, which is the same temp the crust was baked at.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Doesn't say what tempeture do you bake on for 75-80 minutes."