Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; boil gently 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- 2. While potatoes cool, preheat oven to 375°. When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter; drizzle with corn syrup.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally.
Dec 27, 2016
Delicious! Make sure to "boil gently" or the potatoes will get done too quickly and become too mushy.
Aug 30, 2015
These are good and easy to make. I do cheat sometimes and used canned sweet potatoes. I usually add mini marshmallows to the top as well. My family likes marshmallows on their candied potatoes.