- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large kettle and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; boil gently for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot with butter; drizzle with corn syrup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forCandied Sweet Potatoes
"Delicious! Make sure to "boil gently" or the potatoes will get done too quickly and become too mushy."
"These are good and easy to make. I do cheat sometimes and used canned sweet potatoes. I usually add mini marshmallows to the top as well. My family likes marshmallows on their candied potatoes."