- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Spread into a greased foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45-50 minutes or until seeds are well-glazed, stirring occasionally. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 cup.
Reviews forCandied Pumpkin Seeds
"I let my pumpkin seeds dry out overnight. I didn't have pumpkin spice so I used cinnamon instead. I also added about 2 tablespoons of melted butter. They turned out delicious!"
"These are awesome! Will save this for many years to come!"
"Very good, but made a few adjustments that made it a bit better... Melted 1/8c of butter with 1/4c brown sugar, 1/4tsp cinnamon, and dash a vanilla extract then shook in ziplock bag with approx 1c pumpkin seeds and baked on 275 degrees for 30min flipping occasionally. Delicious!"
"Yum!! I doubled the seeds to 2 cups but kept everything else the same and they are delicious. I will definitely be making these again!"
"I would melt butter and toss the seeds in butter before adding the sugar and spice. My seeds didn't glaze either and all the sugar is in the bottom of the bowl. I was quite disappointed. Next time I will add butter first."
"did not glaze - had to turn the oven up after an hour - then there was way too much sugar"
"these are so good!"
"I doubled the recipe. May need to reduce sugar next time to only 1/4 cup instead of 1/2...a bit too much sweetness! But otherwise good!"
"Great with Splenda Brown Sugar Blend.~ Theresa"
"Nice change from my regular roasted seeds! Mine had sat a few days before I made the recipe, and about halfway through the cooking time I added a tablespoon or so of water and stirred."