Candied-Ginger Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the sweet potatoes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Pour over sweet potatoes; toss to coat. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 251 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2011
I love sweet potatoes so this sweet receipt was right up my alley. They came out smelling so good and my taste buds were very happy with me. One thing I would do next time is try to make sure all the pieces are cooked enough so they are all soft. Some pieces were a bit tougher than others but all in all a very good receipt.
Oct 11, 2009
This is an awesome recipe! I love the taste of the candied ginger mixed with the mildness of the sweet potatoe! This recipe is five stars all the way!
Nov 6, 2008
try with strawberries