Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney Recipe
“I serve this sweet-tart condiment with turkey, chicken and pork, and find it a nice little gift to share with family and friends at holiday time,” writes Heather Hewgill of Elora, Ontario.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC