Candied Fruit Cranberry Chutney
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 24, 2017
I found this a little too tart for my taste. I could definitely taste the vinegar. I cut the recipe in half. I'm going to use the leftovers tonight to make bbq sauce for turkey sandwiches. Hopefully that will mellow it out a bit.
Nov 23, 2012
This was good served with our Thanksgiving dinner. I actually liked the flavor better when the sauce was still warm, so I am going to try heating some up a little with the leftovers.