Candied Edible Flowers Recipe
- 2 teaspoons meringue powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 40 to 50 edible blossoms or flower petals of your choice, such as pansies, edible orchids or rose petals
- 1-1/4 cups superfine sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve meringue powder in water. Lightly brush over all sides of flowers to coat completely. Sprinkle with sugar.
- 2. Let dry on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet for 1-2 days. Use as a garnish for dessert. Yield: 40-50 candied flowers.
Editor's Note: Meringue powder is available from Wilton Industries, Inc. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com. Verify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.